Thursday, April 26, 2012

Long /a/ and SUPER E Smartboard FREEBIE!

It's been a while since my last post.  I definitely wanted to update sooner, but I've been so busy!  Being a 2nd year teacher (1st year in kindergarten) makes for a lot of work to make and plan everything for the first time.  I wouldn't trade it for the world, though!  :-)  I love what I do, and seeing the excitement on the children's faces as well as their immense growth throughout the year make all those really late nights totally worth it!  Let's just say I've consumed way more Dr. Pepper to get me through the days this year than I care to admit.  I have some big plans to get back in shape this summer...

This week we are focusing on long /a/ words, and our friend, SUPER e was formally introduced!  My kinders have known about SUPER e, but we didn't spend a significant amount of time talking about it until now.  They are LOVING the SUPER e song that I found on youtube.  






I am just amazed at how well my kinders are picking up on long vowels.  It's crazy to think that some of them came in not being able to identify all of their letters and many of their letter sounds, and they are now reading and distinguishing between short and long vowel words and their spelling patterns!  

I am interested to know how many of you teach long vowels and super E in kindergarten.  What other phonics skills do you address?  How much time to do you spend teaching the letters of the alphabet and their sounds?  


The following slides preview the Smartboard activities I created for this week.  They are FREE to download at my TpT store! 
If you do download, please provide feedback!  I'd love to know how I can improve or how they worked for you. 
 

 













1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog- it's adorable! I love all of your super e activities. I'm also from Ohio! I live in the Akron area. We're 'blog' neighbors. :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete