Thursday, March 29, 2012

SMART Board Lesson FREEBIES!!

Because I'm starting this blog mid-way through the school year, I wanted to share a preview of something I create each week for my SMART Board, and if I get positive feedback, I'll be more than happy to upload all of the SMART Board lessons I have created for free! :-)

At my school, we still teach one letter each week because many of our kiddos still need to learn their letters and sounds.  As the year continues, we spend less time focusing on the letter, and more time with other phonics skills.  Next year we talked about introducing one letter each week until winter break, and then moving to 2 letters per week. 




On this slide, in the top right corner, there is a link to the Starfall page that teaches letter U, as well as a link to a video on Youtube that teaches letter U.  If you've never checked out the havefunteaching videos for each letter, you should definitely do so.  My kids love them!














At my school, we use The Phonics Dance to teach children the letter sounds, as well as common phonics "hunks and chunks" that children need to learn, such as ch, sh, th, wh, ph, oo, or, ar, ow, ou, ing, ed, etc.  I love this program because each phonics chunk has a chant with hand motions to go along with it, and we recite these every day.  I introduce the phonics chunks whenever it seems appropriate, such as when we learn a new sight word that has one of the chunks.  The slide above is a great way to reinforce the phonics chunks we've learned.  



Each week, I include a relevant poem in my SMART Board slides that we practice each day.  The next week, it goes in the poetry center for my students to glue into their poetry notebooks and illustrate.    

Please leave feedback if you download it and like it.  Let me know if you have any suggestions for me!  I will gladly upload all of my SMART Board documents if anyone is interested. :-)





4 comments:

  1. You have an adorable blog! =)

    I would love to see your Smartboard activities. These look great! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan!! Thanks for the comment. Blogging is super fun and I know you will love it.
    After reading this post I really liked the Smart Board activity. I shared your blog with one of my friends that actually have a smart board and she liked it as well.
    Happy blogging!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan - just found your cute monkey blog and am your newest follower. You will love blogging...I love sharing ideas. I teach first in CA. My parents went to a small college in Tiffin, OHIO called Heidelberg. Anyway have fun with it. Come visit me sometime.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, can you tell me the author of the little umbrella peom.

    ReplyDelete